Monday, January 18, 2010

Yummy food! :)

Yesterday I had a beautiful day off, so I made yummy food for my sickly man!
Bold
*Apple lemonade, in the Hurom juicer...I think this was originally a Juiceman recipe:
4 apples + 1 lemon
This came out very pulpy so I strained it.


*Raw Tortilla Soup, recipe by Gena of Choosing Raw...found on the Crazy Sexy Life blog:
3 tomatoes, 1 red bell pepper, 1/4 C sundried tomatoes, 1/4 C cilantro, 2 large stalks celery, 3/4 C water, 1 T lime juice, 3 T olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp onion powder.

Blend all in Vitamix, serve warm topped with a couple of cilantro leaves + chopped avocado, onion, tomato. Can also serve with tortilla chips. J. was feeling sick tonight so I brought up the spicyness level from the original recipe.


And before going to bed after watching a lovely movie called "Last Chance Harvey"...
*Ginger tea, from Katrina Rainoshek's JuiceFeasting blog:
2 inch piece of ginger + honey + lemon juice

I am thankful for my lovely day at home...for rest, the company of my beautiful kitties, a beautiful home to enjoy and care for, the financial ability to shop for food, the physical ability to clean my house and prepare food for my family, the sound of windchimes coming in the open back door, the simple beauty of a mid-day house full of sleeping kitties & sunbeams, bicycles, and my wonderful man coming home to me.






1 comment: