Wednesday, March 12, 2014

getting there

peace
calm
oasis
sanctuary
nature

letting go

i need these things so very much...my world has become incredibly noisy lately.  literally.  all day, every day, nothing but big-city human noise - mostly construction.  at home, at work, driving in-between.  everywhere i turn there is construction; even at the park!  ALL the parks!  i'm all for progress, but we never seem to "get there".  i dream of just sitting in silence, hearing the birds and the wind in the trees.  our man-made noise seems to drown out all of nature, and i'm longing to feel part of the whole again. 

i'm currently taking a wonderful photography class, and i'm reminded that the act of photographing the world around me helps me experience the underlying calm...when i slow down to see, prepare and execute the shot, i re-join the slower-moving world that lies beneath our self-conjured sound & fury.

and the low-key rhythm i find there fits and feels so right. 



3 comments:

  1. So lovely... your words, your images...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about noise. You conjure it beautifully with your words. Sometimes it feels like life is a constant cacophony. I have to seek the silence consciously because it won't seek me. I'm glad you've found a way to get under all the noise and find peace. I love your photograph.

    ReplyDelete