Saturday, January 17, 2015

photos, paintings & nature


impressionist sky
i just finished another wonderful photography course with my favorite teacher, joy sussman.  one of the coolest things i have learned in joy's classes has been to view art in order to learn new ways to view the world and photograph it.  the other day i visited the houston museum of fine arts to see an exhibit of monet's work along the seine river, and i was surprised to find alot of inspiration and even parallels to my own work.
impressionist sky
  
museum of fine arts, sculpture garden

museum of fine arts, sculpture garden

museum of fine arts, sculpture garden


3 comments:

  1. Kat, now that I've finally returned to the world of internet access, I wanted to send you a proper thank-you for this lovely mention of my course--thank you! It's always a pleasure seeing your pretty work and watching you bloom! xo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of trying Joy's classes many times, and you got me re-considering it yet again. Those are gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany, I truly can't recommend Joy's classes highly enough!
      Thank you!
      😀
      Kat

      Delete