Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Jumble vs. Flow

Today I realized that my mind, and thus my life, has become like the inner workings of a database.  
I work a lot in databases, at my various jobs. 

My mind now works that way (complex, convoluted, multiple ways to approach everything...), which is in direct opposition to the way my mind works organically (simple, one step leading to the next, direct cause and effect).  I can clearly see the negative impact this is having.  My world is cluttered, everywhere.  Purse, office, car, home.  This problem has many causal factors, mainly the fact that I work every minute of almost every day and have no time or energy to devote to cleaning up messes, but I can also see that it's all coming in the first place from the new way I'm thinking.  
I used to wander through the woods with nothing but my self and my thoughts.  No bottle of water, no benadryl for emergencies, no ID, no purse, no phone, no keys.....it was glorious!
Now I have literally everything I could ever need for any circumstance with me at all times.  Again, it's easy to see why...I rush from job to job - sometimes up to 4 in a day.  But having a good reason for it doesn't make up for the fact that I feel like it's killing me.
Not just my schedule, but the new way I've trained myself to think, and therefore, live.

I'm made to flow through the day, caring for each thing in turn as the needs arise.  


How the Dickens and I going to get back to that? 







                                             
                                             Yep, that's a Grantchester reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment